Mangalore Style Egg Stumbler, also known as Mangalorean-style scrambled eggs, is a flavorful and aromatic dish originating from the coastal city of Mangalore in Karnataka, India. This delightful culinary creation combines the simplicity of scrambled eggs with a medley of spices and ingredients that capture the essence of Mangalorean cuisine.
In this dish, eggs are whisked to perfection and cooked alongside a blend of aromatic spices, including mustard seeds, curry leaves, green chilies, and turmeric, which infuse the eggs with a burst of flavor. The addition of finely chopped onions, tomatoes, and coriander leaves adds a fresh and vibrant touch to the dish.
Mangalore Style Egg Stumbler is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed for breakfast, brunch, or as a side dish during lunch or dinner. Its delightful combination of spices and textures makes it a favorite among egg lovers and a must-try for those seeking a taste of coastal Indian cuisine.
Whether you’re a fan of spicy and savory flavors or simply looking to explore the rich culinary heritage of Mangalore, this dish is sure to tantalize your taste buds and leave you craving for more. Dive into the world of Mangalorean cuisine and savor the goodness of Mangalore Style Egg Stumbler.
Preparation time: Less than 12 mins
Ingredients to serve 4 People
- 6 eggs
- 12 Slices of bread
- 4 tbsp Healthy Fibres Cold Pressed Coconut Oil / Groundnut Oil
- 4 onions, one medium-sized chopped
- 5 Tomatoes, one medium-sized chopped
- 4 green chilly finely chopped
- 8 stands of coriander leaves
- 2 teaspoons garam masala powder
- 1/4 Healthy Fibres Kashmiri Red chilly powder
- 1/4 Healthy Fibres Lakadong Turmeric powder
1. In a pan, heat Healthy Fibres Cold Pressed Coconut oil and add finely chopped Green chilies. Now add chopped onions and stir until it turns translucent add chopped tomatoes into the pan and immediately add salt.
3. Give it a good stir until the tomatoes turn a little mushy (consistency shown in the video)
4. Now gently pour the mixture of beaten eggs and salt into the pan. Pour in some more oil so that it does not stick to the pan.
5. Continuously stir until they start to form crystals. Now add Garam Masala powder, Healthy Fibres Kashmiri Chilly Powder, and Healthy Fibres Lakadong Turmeric Powder.
6. Keep stirring till the crystals are firmer and the spice powders are all mixed well.
7. Now add the pieces of bread to the pan. This is a crucial step, do not add them till the crystals are well formed. If not, the bread pieces will be mushy, spoiling the dish.
8. Mix it well with 2 ladles for the pieces of bread to be rolled in the egg mixture.
9. Now add chopped coriander leaves and mix it well.
10. Close the lid and keep it on simmer for 2-3 mins before you serve it to your family.
In conclusion, when striving for a healthier and more sustainable future through regeneration, it’s crucial to make conscious choices not only for the planet but also for our own well-being. Incorporating Healthy Fibres products into your daily life can be a simple yet impactful step. Their premium, nutrient-rich offerings can help you achieve both your health and sustainability goals, making it a win-win for you and the environment. Choose Healthy Fibres for a better today and a brighter tomorrow.
Watch More Recipe
Follow us on