Ingredients for salad
- 4 cups red/green leaf lettuce, washed, dried, and torn
- 2 cups arugula leaves, washed and dried
- 1 cup mixed petite sprouts, organic
- ½ cup thinly shaved cucumbers (use a vegetable peeler)
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- ⅓ cup of Raspberry-Almond Oil Vinaigrette
Must Watch on Youtube-
Ingredients for RASPBERRY-ALMOND OIL VINAIGRETTE
- 2 tablespoons raspberry purée (see note)
- 1 tablespoon shallots, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure cane sugar
- ¼ cup neutral oil such as sunflower (expeller pressed)
- 2 tablespoons almond oil
To Prepare Salad:
Layer lettuce, arugula and sprouts on a platter or a salad bowl.
Cut cucumber into 2 1/2 inch lengths and shave thinly (I used baby cucumber poppers.)
Add them to the salad followed by the raspberries.
Drizzle with 1/3 cup of Raspberry-Almond Oil Vinaigrette and gently toss.
Garnish with the Nut & Seed Crunch and serve.
(I used organic ingredients where available.)
Method: Make the Raspberry Purée.
In a 4 cup food processor (can use a blender) add the Raspberry Purée, shallots, garlic, red wine vinegar, sea salt and sugar. Let stand to macerate for 10 minutes.
Blend the ingredients until smooth; one minute. Measure the neutral oil. Slowly stream in to make an emulsified dressing. Add the almond oil, pulsing until emulsified.
Store the dressing in a sterile glass container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
Makes: 2/3 cups. Enough for 2 salads.
Note: Raspberry Purée Recipe:
Place a small fine sieve over a bowl to fit and press down on solids with a small spoon or rubber spatula. The purée will be in the bowl, discard seeds in a sieve.
Also Watch – Healthy Dry Fruits/Nuts/ and Seeds for Summer