Medical Uses Of Honey. Honey is one of the ancient and most widely used natural sweeteners worldwide. For thousands of years, humans have harvested Honey from bees and used it for its many health benefits. Honey is fabricated by bees from the nectar of flowers they feed on. It is a sweet and sticky substance. Honey is more than just a delicious addition to food and drinks. It is awarded numerous medicinal properties.
1. Rich in antioxidants- High-quality Honey, which is not processed, raw & fresh, has several plant compounds & antioxidants, such as flavonoids & phenolic acids. These Antioxidants help neutralize the portion of reactive oxygen species (ROS) in our body, which may build up in cells and cause damage. This damage can contribute to conditions like heart disease, premature aging, type 2 diabetes, etc. It is one of the most important medicinal uses of honey.
2. Heals Wounds- Honey has been used for centuries as a natural remedy. It has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, making it an effective wound treatment remedy. It has been shown to help heal cuts, burns, and ulcers. Honey can be applied topically to the affected area or as a dressing. Its anti-inflammatory properties help in reducing swelling and pain.
3. Relieves from Cough and sore throat– From ancient times, Honey has been used as a natural cough suppressant and sore throat reliever for centuries. It is widely used in home remedies with ingredients like lemon or ginger.
4. Digestive issues- Honey is a natural prebiotic- which means it can promote the growth of good bacteria in the gut system. It can help improve digestion and prevent digestive issues like constipation, bloating, diarrhea, and ulcers. Its antibacterial properties can help eliminate harmful bacteria in the gut. Mix ingredients like cinnamon or turmeric for better results.
5. Skincare- If you want glowing and dewy skin, look no further than experimenting with Honey. Being a natural humectant, Honey keeps skin moisturized, and its antibacterial properties help fight acne. It can also be used as a face mask or added to other skin care products.
6. Promotes Good Sleep and reduces anxiety – Honey helps raise insulin levels and releases serotonin (the feel-good neurotransmitter) that gets converted into melatonin (a chemical that regulates sleep); hence, Honey may be used as a natural sleep aid. Also, it has been used for ages to soothe nervousness and relieve anxiety to help calm the mind.
7. Weight Loss- Honey has zero fat content in it, which is why it is very helpful for people who have a sweet tooth and want to lose fat with minimal change in diet. Honey benefits you more than your imagination.
Honey is a versatile and natural remedy for various medical uses, and its properties make it a valuable addition to a cart for any medicine cabinet. Whether you use it in tea, on toast, or as a natural remedy for a sore throat, Honey is a delicious and healthy addition to any diet. The health benefits of honey can be used in your day-to-day life without any hassle.
Healthy Fibres ensure you get the best of everyone, and that’s why we bring to you our medical honey, i.e., wild Honey fresh from the Western Ghats, enriched with freshness and paraben-free. Try now and reap the benefits!
Also Read – Desi Cow Ghee for better taste and good health.